Enough for about 2-3 persons
Sometimes it’s call Pizza Salad because it is very typical to eat this in the pizza places in Sweden.
* ½ medium sized head of a cabbage
* 1 dl oil (rapeseed oil is a good one since it has got no distinct flavour)
* 2-4 table spoons white wine vinegar
* salt & pepper
How to do:
1. Take away the outer cabbage leaves, and cut off the rootstock
2. Shred the cabbage nicely, and put in a bowl
3. Mix oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper in a pot and heat, but don’t let it boil
4. Pour the oil mix over the cabbage and stir
5. Let it stand for a few hours or over night. The longer it stands, the softer it gets
With only 2 tbl. sp. of vinegar it doesn’t really get that sour. If you want it to be more sour you can add more vinegar.
* 2 lg. heads cabbage
* 2 green peppers
* 2 red peppers
* 1 sm. bunch celery
* 2 tbsp. salt
* 1 tbsp. mustard seed
* 1 tbsp. celery salt
* 4 scant c. sugar
* 2 c. vinegar
* 1 c. water
Shred 2 large heads cabbage; add 2 tablespoons salt. Let stand at least 1 hour, squeeze very dry (this is important). Add 2 green and 2 red peppers, chopped, celery and 1 tablespoon mustard seed and celery salt.
Mix together 4 scant cups sugar, 2 cups vinegar, 1 cup water. Boil a minute or 2 until dissolved. Cool and pour over cabbage mixture. Keeps indefinitely in refrigerator.
* 500 g cabbage
* 5 cm piece of leek, cut in small pieces
* 3 teaspoons dried dill
* 3-4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* freshly ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/2 -1 teaspoon salt
First, I cut the cabbage in thin strips. Then I mixed all the ingredients in a plastic container, and beat the cabbage with a bottom of an empty vinegar bottle, tossing the salad around a few times, to get every strip of cabbage soften up a bit. Then the salad settled in the fridge until lunch, for about two hours.
And trying to find the perfect recipe here is another excellent cabbage salad recipe to try at home.
* 500 grams/1 lb cabbage, very finely shredded
* 5 teaspoons white wine vinegar
* 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon black pepper
* ½ teaspoon oregano (optional)
* ½ teaspoon basil (optional)
1. Combine vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, pepper, oregano and basil.
2. Place the cabbage in a large bowl and pour the dressing over.
3. Using clean hands, squeeze and knead the cabbage well to release juices.
4. Do a taste test and adjust the flavor to your liking.
5. Put a heavy bowl on top of the salad and weigh it down.
6. Leave the salad to rest overnight in the refrigerator.
More recipes here